For those of you curious to know about me...

srilatha
bangalore, India
View my complete profile

Fluttering Butterflies on my dress (Aari work)







These fluttering butterflies are done with AAri work.Doing it with AAri was not really difficult but searching for the right sized bead that fit into the needle was definitely a tough job! I am not sure if I was  using the wrong needle for this. Quite possibly I was using the smallest needle available here.

  The material on which I have done these butterflies already had butterfly designs on them. These are in random directions. In places where there are no butterflies there are butterfly prints. These are not visible in the photograph.

  When I gave this piece of work to stitch the tailor stitched it upside down and also goofed up with the design and some part of the work.It looks incomplete now:(. BTW for the borders I have used laced back stitch and colonial knot.

4 comments:

  Deepa

February 17, 2010 at 8:28 PM

tailors in b'lore are a talented lot,aren't they?

  srilatha

February 18, 2010 at 10:19 AM

@Deepa, probably i havent found the right one! I have tried with a few ppl here but am never satisfied :(

  Om Creations

November 27, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Hi,

I saw your blog for the first time today. very nice.

Can you please give me the phone number and address of the man who sells these Kalamkari patches in Bangalore? i am very interested. I stitch myself and would like to do a couple of things for myself. Also the approximate cost of these patches, please?

thanks a lot.

akhila

  Om Creations

November 27, 2014 at 7:54 PM

hi,

I came across your blog for the first time today. I liked it very much,

I request you to kindly tell me the name of the man who sells the Kalamkari
patches his address and phone no in Bangalore?

I stitch and am interested in making one for myself.

thanks a lot.

akhila Kumar